A former Pentagon official who led a just recently revealed federal government program to research study potential UFOs said Monday night that he thinks there is proof of alien life reaching Earth.
“My individual belief is that there is really compelling evidence that we might not be alone,” Luis Elizondo stated in an interview on CNN’s “Erin Burnett OutFront.”
This picture taken on May 27, 2007, shows The Devil’s Marbles, a rock formation in a rural part of Australia. Lots of UFO spotters think it has frequently been gone to by extraterrestrials. (Credit: Chris McCall/AFP/Getty Images)
A set of news reports in The New york city Times and Politico over the weekend stated the effort, the Advanced Air Travel Hazard Recognition Program, was started mainly at the request of then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, who helped shore up financing for it after speaking to a friend and political donor who owns an aerospace company and has said he thinks in the existence of aliens.
Elizondo told The New York Times he resigned from the Department of Defense in October in demonstration over what he called extreme secrecy surrounding the program and internal opposition to it after funding for the effort ended in 2012.
Elizondo stated Monday that he could not speak on behalf of the federal government, however he highly implied there was proof that stopped him from eliminating the possibility that alien aircraft checked out Earth.
“These aircraft– we’ll call them airplane– are showing characteristics that are not presently within the United States inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are conscious of,” Elizondo said of objects they investigated.
He stated the program looked for to recognize what had been seen, either through tools or eyewitness reports, and then “determine and figure out if that info is a potential threat to nationwide security.”
“We discovered a lot,” Elizondo stated.
The former Pentagon authorities stated they identified “anomalous” airplane that were “apparently defying the laws of aerodynamics.”
“Things that do not have any obvious flight services, any obvious kinds of propulsion, and maneuvering in ways that consist of severe maneuverability beyond, I would send, the healthy G-forces of a human or anything biological,” Elizondo said.
The Times’ report on the federal government UFO study consisted of a set of videos of pilots remarking on something strange they were seeing. Among the pilots, retired Cmdr. David Fravor, informed CNN that he had actually seen a things that appeared like a “40-foot-long Tic Tac” maneuvering quickly and altering its direction during a flight in 2004.
Ryan Alexander of Taxpayers for Good sense revealed dismay about the program and cast it as a waste of money in a piece that aired on CNN’s “The Situation Room” on Monday.
“It’s absolutely crazy to invest $22 million to research study UFOs,” Alexander said. “Pilots are always going to see things that they can’t identify, and we must probably check out them. However to recognize them as UFOs, to target UFOs to research study– that is not the concern we have as a nationwide security matter right now.”
For his part, Fravor stated the money invested in the program was a drop in the container relative to the armed force’s over half-a-trillion-dollar annual spending plan.
Politico reported that after Elizondo stepped down from the Department of Defense, he went to work for To destiny Academy of Arts and Sciences, a company co-founded by previous Blink-182 artist Tom DeLonge that states it checks out concerns surrounding federal government secrecy and unidentified things.
In a declaration Monday, Reid continued to defend the program.
“I take pride in this program and its ground-breaking research studies speak for themselves,” the declaration checked out. “It is ridiculous and detrimental to politicize the severe clinical questions raised by the work of this program, which was moneyed on a bipartisan basis.”